Social Media Man to the rescue!

>> Friday, October 17, 2008


I've been debating whether or not to start "Social Media Man" over the last couple of weeks, but as you can see, the social media side of me couldn't resist, and here we are... All I can say, is that I am extremely excited about it.

Now you might be thinking...

Why did I create this blog?

Well, I did it for a few reasons. The main one being that I really needed a place where I could talk about Social Media any way I wanted to. Whether I talked about it's impact on the sports and music industry, or new SM technology and websites, or how Social Media relates to my dog Amberlee Jenkins III...I now have a place with no rules and no limits. I can't tell you how refreshing that is.

See, for me, writing has always been a creative outlet for self-expression, but being so busy these days (writing for specific clients, or theme related projects), I haven't had any time to devote to keeping a personal blog. However, its been a long time coming and I cant wait to start sharing with all of you and hopefully we can spark some great conversations in the future.

Another reason I created "Social Media Man" is because, simply put, I love blogs. Reading blogs, writing blogs, and sharing blogs. All kinds of blogs. Whether its Jeremy Schoemaker's blog, TechCrunch, Greg Rollet's blog, or I'm just browsing through my Google Reader (which is probably up to 30 feeds right now), I can't seem to get enough of it.

Why?

Well for one.... they're inspiring. Reading posts from industry greats such as Chris Brogan, Merlin Mann, Gary Vaynerchuck and a slew of others..., I've found myself more motivated then ever to continue pursuing my passion and my love...Social Media. Now it is true that I am somewhat of a newcomer to Social Media, (I started fully immersing myself in the community about 6 months ago) but let me tell you something...once I was introduced....I fell...and I fell hard. Having a strong marketing background along with my continuous love for new technology and innovative thinking, Social Media grabbed a hold of me and won't let go. I am proud to say I'm hooked. And the thing is...I've never been more happy. I found something I love, I'm good at, and it pays the bills too. That my friends, is bliss.

Lastly, I created this blog to not only practice my writing, but to develop it. As I mentioned before, I write copy for a lot of our clients. Whether its for their website, blog, or media kit, I have to make sure I am on my game at all times. It doesn't matter if I'm talking about music, food, or gardening, it is extremely important that I always strive to provide my clients with creative and well written copy.

As for this blog, I really only have two goals. 1) That you will find my posts fun, useful, and informative and 2) That I learn as much from you from this blog, as you will learn from me. Comments and conversations make blogs what they are, and I hope that anyone who has an opinion on a post I've written will share it.  

Until next time, 

-Social Media Man






 

3 comments:

Anonymous October 21, 2008 at 2:48 AM  

Just stumbled across your blog from a comment you left on Search Engine Guide; looking forward to seeing some of your future posts. Also, I just took a look at the Endagon website, and it looks like you're working for a very cool company ;)

Eric Schechter October 21, 2008 at 10:31 AM  

Hey Tyler! Thanks for checking out my new blog. I'm glad you liked it. I'm really excited about the future of SMM...I have so much to share haha.. Anyways, you are right...Endagon Innovations is such a great company to work for...mostly because I get to focus on my passion...Social Media...We also have some really great sites and applications in the works...which I will be talking about on SMM very soon. By the way I just checked out your latest post as well...Great Stuff! Anyways, thanks again for the comment and stay in touch!

Anonymous February 18, 2009 at 12:46 PM  

I'm glad you started this blog, if for no other reason than "Social Media Man" just rocks! I definitely smell an in-person character appearance as a future Tweetup!

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Free Blogger Templates Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP